Monday, February 19, 2018



Pantone Color of the Year 2018 Challenge




When I heard about this challenge, I thought, whoa... purple.  Purple is just one of those colors I don't typically seek out when creating my art.  When I was on the hunt for different supplies that would meet the challenge I surprisingly found quite a bit that I liked.  I looked for supplies before I even had a hint of what I was going to do.  At first I thought create a book.

Then I started thinking out of the box since it was the color that was really out of the box for me.  I've been really enjoying sewing lately, so it hit me... sew a tote.  


I gathered some fabrics that where either purple of were complimentary.  The bag itself was washed canvas.  I cut out a piece of muslin and played around with laying out different pieces of fabric.  I stenciled on a few and stamped on one. I actually had a piece of vintage lace that had tiny purple sequins in it and knew I had to include it. I dyed another small pieces of lace with some gold spray to tone them down a little. The laces help tone down the entire piece a little.

I really like how it came out.  Here are some close-up shots. I hope you enjoy!







Check out the rest of the projects:

Robyn Crowningshield










1 comment: